Enter your email address in the text box below to follow updates made to this page courtesy of FeedMyInbox.com.
Once redirected, click on the "Submit" button and you will receive updates to my blog in your inbox.



Monday, September 5, 2011

Berry Green Smoothie

Ingredients

2 cups kale, stems removed & leaves torn into small pieces
2 cups unsweetened hazelnut milk
1 banana, frozen & sliced
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup frozen berry mix: blackberries, blueberries, & black raspberries
1 cup wild blueberries, frozen
1 Tbs nut butter (almond or cashew)

Directions

Blend kale and hazelnut milk until smooth. Next, blend in the banana. Finally add in remaining ingredients and blend until well-combined.

I was a bit reluctant to try greens in a smoothie, but a friend convinced me that you could not taste the greens. I made sure that I blended the greens very well in the hazelnut milk because I didn't want to get a random chunk of greens in my smoothie. To my surprise you honestly can not tell that you are drinking 2 cups of kale, which is awesome for those that don't care for greens because then you are getting all the great nutrients delivered in a pleasant way. I usually have a bunch of frozen fruit in the freezer and will just grab what looks appealing at the moment. I also usually have bananas in the freezer. When I buy a bunch and they start to get too ripe I throw them in the freezer for my smoothies. I like to add some nut butter for some protein. You can really just make this what you want. You really can't mess it up:)

No comments:

Post a Comment