Enter your email address in the text box below to follow updates made to this page courtesy of FeedMyInbox.com.
Once redirected, click on the "Submit" button and you will receive updates to my blog in your inbox.



Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pesto Lentil Olive Spread Sandwich

Ingredients

Pesto
2 cups basil
1/2 cup slivered almonds
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp himalayan salt
1 tsp freshly cracked pepper


1 can lentils, drained & rinsed
1 can black olives, drained & rinsed
1/2 cup fresh spinach
whole grain bread

Directions

Make pesto by processing all ingredients in food processor and drizzle in the olive oil while the motor is running. Process until well combined.

Mix pesto, lentils, and olives together. Assemble sandwich: bread, pesto mix, spinach, more pesto mix, and top with bread.

I created this super quick meal after being inspired to make a sandwich after I purchased some amazing fresh bread from a local cafe. I have been on a pesto kick and I wanted to make a complete meal out of the sandwich, so I added the lentils for protein. Lentils from a can are really great and they have a mild flavor, so you can add them to anything for a good nutrition kick. The olives were also a good flavor punch, which is another ingredient that I have been crazy about lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment