Enter your email address in the text box below to follow updates made to this page courtesy of FeedMyInbox.com.
Once redirected, click on the "Submit" button and you will receive updates to my blog in your inbox.



Monday, September 5, 2011

Spring Rolls with Almond Butter Sauce



Ingredients

4 rice paper wraps
2 1/2 cups cooked rice noodles
1 avocado, thinly sliced
1/2 cucumber, cut into thin strips
3 green onions, cut into thin strips
1 cup orange bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped

Almond Butter Sauce

1/3 cup almond butter
1/8 cup coconut milk
1 Tbs water
1 Tbs fresh lime juice
1 Tbs soy sauce
1/4 Tbs fresh ginger, minced
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 Tbs cilantro, chopped
1/2 Tbs hot sauce

Directions

First prepare the almond butter sauce by mixing all the ingredients together.

Next, place 1 rice paper sheet in a large bowl of warm water for about 10 seconds until it has softened. Quickly fill the rice paper wrapper with rice noodles, avocado, cucumber, green onions, peppers, and cilantro. Roll up like a burrito. Repeat with remaining rice paper wrappers. It is important to work quickly with the delicate wrapper. Cut each roll in half and serve with the almond sauce.

One of my favorite appetizers at Thai restaurants are spring rolls, especially if they have a great dipping sauce. I usually make a peanut sauce, but I thought I would experiment with almond butter. The results were great! This sauce would also be great in a stir-fry. You can serve the spring rolls as an appetizer or you can turn it into a complete meal like I did. It's a great light summer supper.






2 comments:

  1. Sarah, all the food on your blog looks so good as usual! I am so hungry right now. I need to try making some of this one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nate!! That means a lot!! Eric and I will have to have you over for dinner:) If you do try making a recipe I would love to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete