Enter your email address in the text box below to follow updates made to this page courtesy of FeedMyInbox.com.
Once redirected, click on the "Submit" button and you will receive updates to my blog in your inbox.



Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Garlic-Dill White Bean Spread on Olive Bread

































Ingredients

Loaf of olive bread, (Rustica Bakery-Minneapolis), 4 slices
1 can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
3 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup veganaise (grapeseed oil type of veganaise)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly cracked pepper
1/2 cup spinach
1 large chunk of roasted red pepper from a jar, sliced

Directions

Mash the cannellini beans with a potato masher in a medium sized bowl. Mix in mayo, dill, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.

Assemble sandwich: bread, bean spread, spinach, 1 tsp bean spread, red peppers, little more bean spread, and top with last slice of bread

I was inspired to make this sandwich after getting an amazing loaf of fresh olive bread from the amazing Rustica bakery in Minneapolis. I wanted to have protein in the sandwich, so I decided to go with a mild white bean because I didn't want anything that would over power the flavor of the delicious bread. Although I wanted the bean spread to be mild, I didn't want it to be tasteless, so I loaded it with garlic (warning, it's strong, you may only need 2 cloves) and fresh dill. I just bought the dill, so it was super fresh and fragrant. I have a tendency to always buy cilantro, so I thought I would switch things up with the dill this week. Feel free to make your own roasted red peppers (which are more flavorful), but I just wanted to use up the leftover jar I had in the fridge. I specified the type of veganaise I use because there are several types and I have never clarified what kind I prefer. The grapeseed oil type has less soy in it, which I prefer because I believe you should only consume small amounts of soy for your health. Soy oil is often in the most unlikely foods, so make sure you read your labels. When I do eat soy I always make sure that it is organic because soy is one of the most highly pesticide sprayed products.


No comments:

Post a Comment