Enter your email address in the text box below to follow updates made to this page courtesy of FeedMyInbox.com.
Once redirected, click on the "Submit" button and you will receive updates to my blog in your inbox.



Sunday, May 22, 2011

Roasted Fingerling Potatoes Topped with Creamy Truffle Vinaigrette Salad



Adapted from Vegetarian Times

Ingredients

Dressing
2 Tbs. veganaise
1 1/2 tsp white truffle oil
2 Tbs chopped fresh chives
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp sherry vinegar
2 Tbs olive oil

Salad
2 cups fingerling potatoes, diced
1 Tbs olive oil
1 head butter lettuce or red leaf lettuce (salad green of choice), finely chopped
1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
1 tomato, diced
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds or slivered almonds

Directions
To make Dressing: Whisk together veganaise, truffle oil, chives, mustard, and vinegar in bowl. Whisk in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.

To make Salad: Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss potatoes with olive oil on a parchment-lined baking sheet, then spread into single layer, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Bake 25 minutes, or until golden brown, turning occasionally.

Place chickpeas, tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, and salad greens in a large bowl and toss with the dressing right before serving to ensure the salad stays crisp.

Arrange potatoes on each plate and top with the truffled salad greens.

This recipe was adapted by Vegetarian Times from a traditional french recipe called salade lyonnaise. Then I adapted the recipe some more. The original recipe called for frisée lettuce, radishes, and pistachios, but I am not a huge fan of frisée lettuce or radishes and I didn't have any pistachios on hand. I wanted to add some protein to round out the meal, so I added the chickpeas and the pumpkin seeds. I was munching on the chickpeas while I was cooking and I realized they make a great snack by themselves. I had to kick Eric out of the kitchen before he ate them all:) I absolutely love the truffle dressing. I have made this dressing several times already because it's that good! The meal plated up beautifully, so it would be perfect for a dinner party and the golden potatoes made the salad comfy. I have made this salad with other veggies and different types of potatoes and nuts. It turned out great every time!

I served the dished with some garlic toasted rye bread and coconut broiled grapefruit for a light dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment